Saint Petersburg and national musical cultures
17 October 2014
On 20–22 October 2014, Saint Petersburg is going to host the 5th International Academic Conference "Saint Petersburg and National Musical Cultures" marking the bicentenary of Oskar Kolberg.
Spanning three days, the conference will welcome lectures from such speakers as Professor Jerzy Bartmiński (Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland), Professor Waldemar Kuligowski (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland), Professor Bożena Muszkalska (University of Wrocław, Poland), Dr Łukasz Smoluch (Oskar Kolberg Institute), Dr Tomasz Nowak (University of Warsaw), Jan Bernad, Dr Ewa Grochowska, and Maria Bikont.
1. Oskar Kolberg and the beginnings of musical ethnography in Poland and Western Europe.
2. Oskar Kolberg's contribution to the study of traditional music, literature, mythology and rites of East Slavic and Baltic nations.
3. The study of Polish music in Saint Petersburg.
4. The Saint Petersburg school of research and the history of research on national musical cultures.
5. Ethnic music traditional in Saint Petersburg and North-Western Russia.
6. National music traditions in the musical culture of Saint Petersburg today and tomorrow.
The conference is held by the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, the Russian Institute of Art History, and the Polish Institute in Saint Petersburg, in association with the Polish General Consulate in Saint Petersburg and the Institute of Music and Dance.print